Arid/desert geomorphology, landscape evolution, fluvial and aeolian systems, paleoclimatic/paleogeographic change, granitic and volcanic landscapes, geoarcheology
- Oh, J.S., Seong, Y.B., Larson, P.H., Hong, S.C., Yu, B.Y. (2019). Asymmetric hillslope retreat on Rock Peak, San Tan Mountains, Arizona, USA: Assessing caprock lithology control on landscape evolution. Annals of the American Association of Geographers. https://doi.org/10.1080/24694452.2019.1624421
- Donovan, M., Belmont, P., Notebaert, B., Coombs, T., Larson, P.H., Souffront, M. (2019). Accounting for uncertainty in measurements of river channel migration. Earth Science Reviews. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.earscirev.2019.04.009
- Schaetzl, R., Larson, P.H., Faulkner, D.J., Running, G.L., Jol, H.M., and Rittenour T. (2017). Eolian sand and loess deposits indicate west-northwest paleowinds during the Late Pleistocene in western Wisconsin, USA. Quaternary Research. 89: 769-785. DOI: 10.1017/qua.2017.88
- Larson, P.H., Kelley, S., Dorn, R.I., Seong Y.B. (2016). Pace of Landscape Change in the northeastern Sonoran Desert, United States. Annals of the American Association of Geographers. DOI: 10.1080/24694452.2016.1201420
- Faulkner, D., Larson, P.H., Jol, H.M., Running, G.L., Loope, H.M., and Goble, R.J. (2016). Episodic Incision and Terrace Formation Resulting from Abrupt Late-Glacial Base-Level Fall, Lower Chippewa River, Wisconsin, USA. Geomorphology. 266: 75-95. DOI:10.1016/j.geomorph.2016.04.016
- Larson, P.H. and Dorn, R.I. (2014). Strath Development in Small Arid Watersheds: Case Study of South Mountain, Sonoran Desert, Arizona. American Journal of Science. 314: 1202-1223.
- Basin integration and the establishment of through-flowing rivers in extensional tectonic landscapes: Salt and Verde Rivers, Basin and Range, Arizona, USA
- Post-glacial natural and cultural landscape evolution of the upper Mississippi River basin: Chippewa (Wisconsin), Cannon (Minnesota), Whitewater (Minnesota), Zumbro (Minnesota) River drainage basins.
- Geomorphology and paleoenvironmental significance of late Pleistocene and Holocene aeolian deposition in the upper Mississippi River basin (western Wisconsin, eastern Minnesota).
- Piedmont landform (pediments, alluvial fans, talus flat irons) and hillslope evolution in the southwestern USA (Arizona, Utah).
- Sandur geomorphology and evolution, Iceland.
- Late Quaternary geology and geomorphology of the Minnesota River basin: Geomorphic evolution of the Minnesota River valley.